Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fiery Furnace Blacklight


Daniel 3


For this blacklight scene, I used one flat twin bed sheet (off white). I used a simple coloring book page as a pattern.  I made it larger using a transparency and an overhead projector. I used acrylic paint to paint the men and the fire.  I used glow in the dark acrylic paint for the angel.

This visual works well as a glow in the dark visual or a blacklight visual.  If you want to use it as a glow in the dark visual, you need to open the sheet and lay it so that the paint gets charged by sitting under a light (sunlight or flourescent light) for several hours.  If you want the glow in the dark effect, only the angel will appear when you turn off the lights.

I prefer using a blacklight because then you can see the three friends and the angel as well.  If I were doing this again, I would draw turbans on the men since the Bible says they had turbans on.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment